Saturday, September 13, 2008

But Do They Want To Hear From Me?

I've heard it many times. "I don't want to bother her."

Of course we never want to bother anyone, but where did the idea come from that a friendly call is a bother?

Just today one builder, soon-to-be Director, reported on an order that had just come through, a nice one with 128 PV. It was from a woman she called a few days ago.

It was not because she called to sell products, but to catch up briefly. The woman said, "I've been meaning to call you! I need to pick your brain about a few problems my daughter is having with her health." Bottom line: she was glad to be called.

The same person contacted another customer last week. Same response: I've wanted to call you but I haven't made the time. So glad you called!

You know how it is in your own life. If the vendors or teachers or friends we need to call would just contact us! Things would be so much easier.

Give your customer a call! Use the FMM Filebox #1 to keep track of FCNs (Frequently Called Numbers). She'll be happy to hear from you. Don't let too much time go by because it will just make the call more difficult!

Frequent brief calls are always better than one long one, anyway.

If you want to separate out your business calls from your friendly ones, you can start the call by saying, "Hi, Jill. This is Peg. I've just got a moment, and I've got my Shaklee hat on. Do you have a minute?"

With any call, get permission to talk first. And if you say a minute, make it a minute! You'll get a lot more call-backs and answered phones - and orders - if you keep your promises! PL

No comments: